Bill Shock Prevention
- Useful “bill shock” prevention solution for voice, SMS and data services
- The best way to keep and increase roaming subscribers’ loyalty
‘Bill shocks’-related cases are generating many problems not only for Customers, but also for Operators. Both customers who roam don’t use their mobile devices because they are worried about usage costs, and subscribers who use services without regard to costs are source of headache for mobile operators. First category does not bring valuable revenues and subscribers are also unhappy because they feel they must restrict use of their traditional services. Second category of customers is having risk to get bill shock when excessively large monthly mobile bills arrive. This result is even worse than first one. Customers become angry with Operator for sending them a huge bill, and Operators often cannot collect huge amounts from their subscriber (due to image risks of other reasons) but responsible for wholesale amount to be paid to their roaming partners.
PROTEI Service Usage Control and Billshock Prevention System successfully solves most of problems mentioned above for all types of services subscriber consumes (voice, data and SMS). This platform enables subscribers to set spending and/or usage thresholds based on pre-established policies. System has capability to inform subscribers via SMS upon approaching this threshold and switch service off as soon as consumption limit had been reached.
Solution deployment will help Operators to assist their roaming subscribers to manage data roaming costs, while also helping prevent fraud and abuse of flat-rate data roaming plans.
- Operator-defined or subscriber-defined consumption limits
- Consumption limits based on wide range of parameters
- Daily/Monthly consumption control with counters’ reset on month/day end
- Possibility to renew or prolong the period using SMS or USSD-request or via WEB-based self-service interface
- Subscription-based or mass service deployment
- Variety of supported approaches for service and data usage monitoring
- Detailed CDR/EDR for each processed transaction