SMPP proxy/router serves the purpose of exchanging messages between one or more SMS/USSD centers and external applications, using several routing criteria, and intended for mobile operators and content aggregators. Flexible policy and bandwidth management allow creating complex routing algorithms (based on message’s type, recipient and sender numbers, application IP address etc.) and that creates a possibility to deploy SMPP proxy/router as a key element of content provider’s access system.
The system can be used in two main cases:
1) Connection of external applications to the SMS center/gateway SMPP proxy/router can be installed between the SMS center/gateway and external applications. This algorithm dramatically lowers the load for the SMSC and frees up its resources for carrying out its main task – exchanging messages between network subscribers.
2) Exchanging messages between SMS centers of different mobile telecommunications carriers in order to organize a single SMS messaging space. So, subscribers of different service providers can exchange SMS messages and take advantage of unified SMS services.
- Flexible, unified configuration of routing policies
- Connection to multiple external applications
- External application access control
- High throughput
- Load balancing
- Web interface