- Powerful tool for value added services providers
- Suitable for fixed and mobile broadband networks including LTE
PROTEI DPI platform unlock a variety of the data traffic management tools enabling Operator to deploy range of services related with ultimately flexible traffic charging, bandwidth management etc. PROTEI DPI is equipped with signature constructor which allows creating new traffic signatures in order to be capable of detecting flows of newly developed Internet applications. Solution is capable of detection of obfuscated protocols using statistical analysis techniques and allows flexible creation of new services and protocols using regularly updated signature base. The platform supports bit rate control with regard to service priority, supports ToS/DSCP traffic prioritization.
To deploy URL-based service delivery policies PROTEI DPI is able to classify the traffic by URL or part of URL using external database (Websense security cloud or other content classification platforms may be supported), local “black «and “white” URL lists. PROTEI DPI supports Gy (Diameter) per-service real-time charging and periodical per-service quota and also performs subscriber identification using RADIUS, Diameter (Gx), XML. The platform can be integrated with “pull” or “push” subscriber identification databases. System supports different tariff plans which can be applied to a subscriber basing on his identity or command from external source (3GPP PCRF). PROTEI DPI is horizontally-scalable, carrier class system having redundant architecture. It performs hardware packet processing using of a 20 Gbit/s or 40 Gbit/s boards developed by PROTEI.
- Signature-based and statistical-based detection of application layer protocols
- Dynamic bandwidth control during network congestion
- Policy enforcement by bit rate limitation and priority control on a per-subscriber per-flow basis
- Flow-based and even-based real-time charging using Diameter protocol (Gy)
- Time-based policy and charging rules
- Per-service periodically replenished quotas
- WEB-based statistical and configuration interface, CSV UDR files, online channel monitoring